Mobile cloud computing is changing how we interact with other people and other technologies. But “changing” isn’t really the right word…
Mobile cloud computing is transforming aspects of society that were previously taken for granted.
What is Mobile Cloud Computing?
Ok, first things first. You may have arrived at this page looking for information or an overview on this topic– so we don’t want to skip ahead!
Cloud computing is a technological system that allows users to transmit files from any device with an internet connection onto an off-site server. Files can be stored there indefinitely, or until the user goes back into the system to edit or retreive them.
This is advantageous because it allows people to access their files from any device with an internet connection.
Moreover, with the recent influx of mobile devices like iPads and Smartphones, the accessibility of cloud systems has increased dramatically!
It’s currently being utilized most recognizably in webmail applications and in social networking sites like Facebook and LinkedIn.
Some businesses are even finding that mobile cloud computing helps their employees be productive when outside of the office.
Before Mobile Cloud Computing
We’re quickly forgetting what life was like before this technology was so readily available! Just 4 or 5 years ago, things were very different. The iPad hadn’t been released and smartphones were relatively slow– and not nearly as widespread.
- People rarely expected you to respond to an email within a few hours. That’s changed.
- Job postings and ads on sites like Craigslist had a slightly longer shelf life. Now you better be on your toes!
- If you didn’t have cable TV, video streaming services like Netflix and Hulu didn’t have huge databases to get your back…
Even further in the past (though still recent!), we had to send letters by mail and print pictures instead of uploading them to Facebook on the go…
The Transformative Power of Mobile Cloud Computing
In the future, mobile cloud computing will become an increasingly important technology.
The internet is becoming a part of our moment-by-moment lives, and the potential applications of mobile cloud computing are multiplying in tandem.
This concept has been thrust into the limelight recently thanks to the unveiling of Google Glass and other “augmented reality” gla
The bottom line is: The more time we spend online, the more important mobile cloud computing becomes to society.sses.
And thanks to all these mobile devices, we’re spending a LOT more time online.
Here are some ideas on the future:
- People will no longer need to physically appear at work since many jobs can be done remotely from other locations.
- Information we take from the cloud will inform our moment-by-moment decisions– like which paper towel to buy.
- Mobile cloud computing applications will integrate seamlessly with our environment– we won’t even have to get our phones out of our pockets!
The bottom line is this: If you haven’t considering how mobile cloud computing could enhance your life– look out! Use of this technology might currently be voluntary, but soon it will be required in order to operate effectively in most aspects of society!